Please read this information carefully before proceeding to submit your proposed Symposia.
Any questions regarding abstract submissions, please contact abstractsECP2017@psynip.nl.
Submission deadline for the submission of the proposed symposium including title, contents and participants documentation: December 15th, 2016
Acceptance Notification: January 23rd, 2017
Submissions shall be done in English
A Proposed Symposium is designed to be a focused session in which distinguished speakers present on a common theme, issue or question of particular relevance. It would usually consist of a chairperson briefly introducing the topic and providing an introduction to the session. This would usually be followed by at least 3 but no more than 5 individual speakers (ideally from different affiliations or countries), and ending with concluding remarks by a discussant. Every effort should be made to ensure close interaction between the speakers and to provide new and non-overlapping presentations. There should be opportunity for the audience to ask questions to presenters and for an exchange of views. A symposium session will run for 90 minutes.
All submissions will be considered on the basis of the interest of the individual submission and will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to Congress themes (see themes)
- Significance of content in terms of applications
- Relevance of content to audience
All presenters and discussants are required to register and pay to attend the Congress. The acceptance of a submission does not imply funding of registration, travel arrangements, accommodation or other costs by the Congress Organizers. A submission which does not adhere to these rules is likely to be rejected.
A Panel Discussion could be part of a Proposed Symposium. Here are some guidelines for a Panel Discussion
Panel discussions consist of 3 to 5 speakers selected for some shared interest or expertise in an area. Panelists respond to one or more questions or issues, with time allotted (generally 80 minutes) for interaction among the speakers and with the audience. A panel discussion is organized by a chairperson who serves as the session’s moderator. In service of being more data aware, we encourage you to include research and data pertinent to your presentation (if applicable) with your proposal.
- Topic Areas (primary)
- Target Audience
- Panel Chair, Affiliation, Email Address
- Panelists Names, Affiliations, and Email Addresses
- CVs for all presenters (to attach) (doc, pdf, etc.)
- 3 Educational Objectives
- Audio & Visual Needs
- Commercial Support Information & Disclosure
- Other information
By presenting a symposium the organizer:
- confirms that presentations have not been published before;
- grants the Executive Committee permission to publish the abstract in hard copy or electronic format;
- grants a non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the abstract worldwide in all forms, formats and media now known or as developed in the future, including print, electronic and digital forms. Organizer will retain copyright of abstracts, although authors will be entitled to the moral rights of the abstract
- grants permission for the presentations to be audio/video recorded and hereby grant to the Congress a non-exclusive right to reproduce or display and store the recorded material for the purpose of providing Professional Development either by download from the ECP 2017 or the hosts websites or via distribution of a CD/DVD;
- grants permission for the PDF of presentations to be made available online to all conference delegates following the congress.
Instructions for the preparation of a proposed symposium due by October 15th 2016
The symposium summary cannot contain more than 3500 characters (blank spaces and punctuation are included. Title and authors’ list & affiliation are not included).
The minimum size is 2000 characters.
The structure should be as follows:
- Title of the symposium
- List of authors (including the symposium organizer as first author and discussant if any)
- The research area and specific topic
- Introduction & Objectives of the Symposium (2000 characters, spaces included)
- Speakers presentations’ titles, full names, affiliations, and countries
- Abstracts of presentation (250 characters, spaces included, each)
- It is not possible to insert tables or images.
- Abbreviations may be used after defining them first.
For your convenience please download a ECP Proposed symposium template(1).