For an invited symposia submit your abstract to: abstractsECP2017@psynip.nl
Please read this information carefully before proceeding to submit your Invited Symposia.
Any questions regarding abstract submissions, please contact abstractsECP2017@psynip.nl.
Submission deadline for acceptance of invitation and title notification of Invited symposia 15 september 2016. Submission deadline for the submission of the invited symposium including title, contents and participants documentation.
Submissions shall be done in English
An Invited Symposium is designed to be a focused session in which distinguished speakers present on a common theme, issue or question. As a major event of the Congress the invited symposium should target themes of particular relevance and able to attract a broad audience. It would usually consist of a chairperson briefly introducing the topic and providing an introduction to the session. This would usually be followed by at least 4 but no more than 6 individual speakers (ideally 3 from different affiliations or countries), and ending with concluding remarks by a discussant. Every effort should be made to ensure close interaction between the speakers and to provide new and non-overlapping presentations. There should be opportunity for the audience to ask questions to presenters and for an exchange of views.
An invited symposium session will run for 110 minutes.
All presenters and discussants are required to register the Congress. The invited organizer will be waived from paying the registration fees at the Congress, but at least four participants/presenters should be registered after payment.
The invitation to submit a symposium does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Congress.
By presenting a symposium the organizer:
- confirms that presentations have not been published before;
- grants the Organizing Committee permission to publish the abstract in hard copy or electronic format;
- grants a non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the abstract worldwide in all forms, formats and media now known or as developed in the future, including print, electronic and digital forms. Organizers will retain copyright of abstracts, although authors will be entitled to the moral rights of the abstract
- grants permission for the presentations to be audio/video recorded and hereby grant to the Congress a non-exclusive right to reproduce or display and store the recorded material for the purpose of providing Professional Development either by download from the ECP 2015 or the hosts websites or via distribution of a CD/DVD;
- grants permission for the PDF of presentations to be made available online to all conference delegates following the congress.
Instructions for the preparation of invited symposium due by 30 November 2016. The symposium summary cannot contain more than 4500 characters (blank spaces and punctuation are included. Title and authors’ list & affiliation are not included). The minimum size is 3000 characters.
The structure should be as follows:
- Title of the symposium
- List of authors (including the symposium organizer as first author and discussant if any)
- Macro Area and topic
- Introduction & Objectives of the Symposium (2000 characters, spaces included)
- Speakers presentations’titles, full names, affiliations, cities and countries
- Abstracts of presentation (350 characters, spaces included, each)
- It is not possible to insert tables or images.
- Abbreviations may be used after defining them first.
For your convenience please download a ECP Invited symposium template.